Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Back to work...


Well, I did it. I went back to work. Leaving Mallory for such a long period of time was VERY difficult for me. I felt like it ripped my heart out. But when I got home she was still alive and she still knew who I was. So, I guess she CAN survive without me. Who knew!

I have to look at it like it's only 4 hours at a time. I get to visit her during my lunch since Andy's watching her now, and my parents will watch her when school starts back up.

It wasn't easy, and I didn't like it, but I have to tell myself that millions of moms do this every day. While I realize moms work all the time, it still doesn't make it any easier. Hopefully, I'll adjust and the pain will ease up soon. I miss her all the time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon,

I know it must be hard going back to work, but at least you will have family members taking care of her. That is a blessing! She is a doll!

Andrea

Anonymous said...

I understand completely! I worried Drew would forget me when I went back in the spring. Now I'm worried about leaving him at the sitter. It's horrible! You are right, though-millions of moms do it every day, in situations less ideal than either of ours!

Anonymous said...

Yep it's hard but just remember in a few years she will start Kindergarden so might as well get a jump on it.

My wife stayed at home with ours till they started school and now she can't get work after being out of the work force so long so there is a definate downside to the stay at home mom gig.

I would have loved to try the stay at home dad thing and you guys are lucky that Andy gets so much time. Plus your parents are the best sitters in the world!

-TaoWarrior
-Steven Kirkland

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling. :-( I find myself looking at pictures a lot...