Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Six is the magic number...we hope

Last night was a good night. Mallory made it 4 1/2 hours between feedings! It must be a gift from God. He's giving me a break from getting 1 1/2 to 2 hours of sleep at a time--which we all know can make a person crazy!

I'm not complaining. Mallory is a GREAT baby. She's wonderful and really only cries if she's hungry. She wakes up to eat during the night and goes right back to bed. The problem is she's hungry again before I'm ready to get up from bed. By the time I've fed her, burped her and fallen back to sleep, it's time to get up again.

I'm hoping this is the beginning of a wonderful trend...Mallory sleeping VERY good and for long periods during the night. I'm hoping this is something that happens around 6 weeks (she just turned 6 weeks yesterday). That's our magic number. At 6 weeks, we're supposed to have this parenting thing down, right?!?!? If it isn't something that continues, thank you Lord for one night of wonderful, precious sleep!

Good night my princess...sleep tight tonight.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Don't worry, it does get better! One day (hopefully soon), you'll wake up and realize she slept the entire night and you will go outside your front door and shout at the top of your lungs about the fact you got a full nights sleep! It is one glorious milestone! You'll feel like you're old self...refereshed...soon!

Glad all is well!

E I Johnson said...

Drew finally started sleeping "through" the night last week. I say "through" b/c he wakes up at about 5, but it is light out then, so I guess it counts! I feed him and he goes back to sleep til 8 or 8:30, which feels luxurious!!!